It's 5pm Somewhere ...

Happy first day of June! I can't believe the first month of summer is here. I get so giddy this time of year. Once June rolls around all I can think of are easy, breezy days; lounging around the yard, beach days, and floating in pools. I get excited for the kids too. Swim classes are in full effect (our only planned activity) as well as evening stops at the park to meet with friends because the warm weather is still lingering. Love this time of year!

What about you? Any fun plans for this first weekend of June? Thankfully we don't have much to do except for put up our new curtains from West Elm. Oh, and Eric and our 5 y/o, P have their first father-daughter dance tonight! If you know Eric, then you know that dancing is not his forté (I say this lovingly). However, being the trooper dad that he is, he has declared that he and P will be "cutting a rug tonight."

Also, check out the Fave Fives: Summer Kit for Baby that Joanna Goddard of A Cup of Jo put together for The Post Social. Have a great weekend everyone! Group hug:)

Photo: Tim Barber

6 comments:

Tiffany Kadani said...

I don't know why, but your 5 pm posts always get me smiling and so happy- even though I start work on 5 pm on Fridays. ha!
Daddy daughter dance? So incredibly sweet! One of the biggest perks of being a parent, in my opinion.

Heather Feemster said...

Great pic, whoo hoo it's June!!

julia wheeler said...

the image of P & Eric cutting a rug is killing me! too cute:)

Raluca | WhatWouldGwynethDo said...

Love that pic! After much deliberation I have decided swimming will be our only summer "activity" too (besides ongoing preschool). The rest of the time will be spent doing a whole lot of nothing...with lots of ice cream trips in between. :)

Melissa Blake said...

LOVE the month of June -- definitely my favorite!

Theresa / InspirationCOOP said...

Yay to June and the beginning of summer! We will do a summer session at preschool for both kids. It will be E's first foray into school! It's bittersweet. Gosh the time goes by so fast. Other than that, just lots of slow living appreciating life and friendships. ;)
PS~Love the new curtains!

Related Posts with Thumbnails